Timely Tidbits from Janet and Marianne
“If a doctor, lawyer, or a dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn’t want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher’s job.”
Donald D. Quinn
The Southtown Teachers’ Center is celebrating 30 years of “SERVICE TO ALL WHO EDUCATE”! Please checkout our website (and your email) as we plan to offer various “goodies” on a monthly basis.
We have been able to survive and thrive because of the generosity and commitment of all those we serve. Thank you!
Sarah Brown Wessling, of THE TEACHING CHANNEL has proposed these “10 lessons learned on the trail” as inspirations for teachers:
1. Use your map, follow the trail, but remember all the detours.
2. Don’t forget to look up.
3. Don’t confuse the path with your purpose.
4. Drink your water. (Replenish yourself before you get too thirsty.)
5. Remember the small is not insignificant.
6. Find a good rock. (…to lean against, to rest upon, to share with others . . .)
7. We’re in the space of in-between.
8. Be mindful of what you carry.
9. Pay attention.
10. You’re never really alone.
We wish you all the best for the 2014-15 school year. Please let us know if we can help in any way.
Janet and Marianne
Closed for dismissal and on Fridays
FALL COURSE CATALOG COMING SOON
Look under the Professional Learning Tab!
Welcome to Southtown Teachers’ Center
Janet Brooks and Marianne Chiumento
Vanessa Rehac- Administrative Assistant / Creative Project Consultant